It has always been our constant endeavor to provide our students with guidance and mentoring which will help them in making informed choices for their future. In this regard, the school has partnered with Univariety group to guide us for college admissions support system. A part of Singapore based ‘International Education Gateway’; Univariety specializes in the field of university planning and higher education counseling for multiple destination countries.
In collaboration with Univariety, the school organized a workshop on ACCA which is Association of Chartered Certified Accountants on Thursday, August 20, 2015. Parents and Students of Class X and XI Commerce were a part of this workshop. The workshop covered the following areas:
- Career in Accounting, Business and Finance
- Benefits of pursing professional degrees like, CA, CS, ACCA for commerce students
- ACCA and its prospects
- Scholarship options for commerce students
Ms Payal Prakash was the key note speaker in the workshop. Coming with a rich experience in the e- commerce industry, she is an alumnus of the prestigious Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi and IIM Kolkata. Providing insights into the avenues of commerce education, she sensitized the students about the macro and micro economics which drive a nation thus making commerce education one of the finest and ‘in demand’ pursuits.
Orienting parents and students about ACCA, she elaborated on the largest and fastest-growing global accountancy bodies which offer the Chartered Certified Accounting professional qualification. One of the prime advantages of pursuing AACA is that the student can start the foundation course at the school level, since it covers 80-85% of syllabus which overlaps with the (FIA) Foundations in Accounting. In India, organisations such as IBM, HSBC, Steria India, Alpari Financials, SOS India, Hewlett Packard, Accenture, Wipro, Barclays, as well as the Big 4 are benefitting from employing ACCA members.
Few Benefits of ACCA
1) ACCA is global recognized course.
2) ACCA has over 8,500 approved employers
3) ACCA pass percentage is 36% where as CA passing out percentage is just 3%
4) ACCA has flexibility to study any where
5) ACCA does not have entrance exams
6) ACCA does not have group modules which mean if a student is unable to clear a particular paper, he/she can reappear for only that paper.